Build Your Perfect Latex Mattress
Building Your Own Mattress
There are three primary components of any mattress: Support, comfort layers, and cover. If you build a spring mattress, the spring serves only one function-support. Latex mattresses are different because latex foam rubber serves as a support and a comfort component by the nature of its natural construction. As your body compresses and contours to the latex, the latex becomes more supportive in the denser areas. There is a unique, uplifting effect you get with latex that you do not get with other foams. You get reduced surface tension along with natural support. You will build your latex mattress by combining layers of the latex of different firmness.
DIY Basics of Building Your Latex Mattress
- The terms “latex toppers” and “latex layers” mean the same.
- Our Toppers/Layers come in 2” and 3” heights
- The mattress is built by combining toppers/layers. You can make a 2, 3, or 4 layer mattress
- Two different latex manufacturing processes
- Dunlop Process comes in 4 firmness-soft, medium, firm, and extra firm. Our 100% natural Dunlop latex is usually used for the support base or middle layer.
- Talalux Process: The Talalux layers/toppers also come in 4 firmness-soft, medium, firm, and extra firm. The Talalux layer is usually used as the top comfort layer as it is more contouring due to increased airflow.
- Select each layer and add it to the cart. Each layer has four options
- Type of latex: Dunlop or Talalux
- Size: Twin, TXL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King
- Thickness: 3” or 2”
- Firmness: Soft, Medium, Firm, Extra Firm
- Select cover height equal to the combined height of your layers. I.E If you had three 3” layers, you would select a 9” cover. If you had two 3” thicknesses and one 2” layer, you would select an 8” cover.
Step 1: Select the First Layer
Recommended 3″ layer of “SOFT” latex. You can select from three types of latex: Dunlop or Talalux latex.
80% Customer Favorite: Three 3″ layers of latex, plus 9″ natural cover. The adjustability of layers give you a mattress with 6 different comforts. Simply unzip your cover and rearrange the stacking order of the Soft, Medium, and Firm layers.
Step 2: Select the Second Layer
Recommended 3″ medium firmness layer of either Natural Dunlop or Talalux latex.
Step 3: Select the Third Layer
Step 4: Select the Fourth Layer
Step 5: Select your Cover